Thursday, January 12, 2012

The Project Wall

So I've decided to take the next few months (or longer, as the case may turn out to be) to really work on fleshing out my portfolio and learning some new costuming skills. So I've picked a variety of projects I've wanted to do that will hopefully stretch my limits! I'm not gonna put a deadline on any of these, or pick a convention to show them at, because more than likely they'll get repeatedly interupted by other ongoing and more pressing projects I have running, but the goal is to be consistantly working. Anywho, here's all the stuff I have lined up!

Cinderella Girl Genius - Both Cinderella Agatha and the Ugly Step-'Sisters'. Hopefully also the Fairy-GodZetha, which I've wanted to do for sometime. I'm probably, oh 9% done on this one, since I have most of the fabric and the absurdly huge hoopskirt. I've been talking about this one for a while but it's happening!

Tardis Uniform and a complimenting Dalek Dress. - I might try and cram these in before ECCC but it's unlikely they'll both get done. But I'm gonna try. I'm abou 5% on these guys. I've got a really good idea of what I'm doing and a little bit of fabric. I got (hopefully) enough fabric for the Tardis Coat (The bolt was a little short and then I got overcharged for it! Curses!) and a literal butt-ton of copper organdy. It was super cheap and the lady talked me into buying the entire bold. I have enough copper organdy to cover my floor several times over and roll around it...not that I would do that...it's very staticy material...(nobody touch me for a few hours, kay?).

Chaotica and Arachnia:Queen of the Spider People - Cassi, this one's for you. Also I want to try my hand at the bulky Arachnia collar. I plan to both of these and Satan's Robot, which would be a bit of an adventure in armour/bulky costuming. I've only really just got the idea and no progress on this one. I've scoured the fabric shops for days for something resembling their really unique costume fabrics (Seriously, Arachnia is wearing like, a beaded weave? What??? Points to me for picking a project requiring me to hand bead a whole dress -__-) and I have nothing to show for it. But at least I have an idea for how to do the rest. I really want to stick to the monochrome, black and white feel (even so far as to do the face paint in monochrome), which makes the fabric hunt even harder. It needs to be strictly shades of grey, which is harder then one might think!!!

Wampa and Tauntaun - These will be interpretive, like the Dalek and Tardis, and I'd like to have them for ECCC if I can. They'll be sort of chibi'd cute versions, since It's me and Tobi wearing them. The Tauntaun is Tobi's and I'll help her as much (or little) as she wants me to, but I'm enjoying thinking about how to build her yet another prosthetic butt.

Anyway, thats the list as it stands. I'll try and update occasionally.

Oh Also...this.
Nole the Christmas Walrus!

No comments:

Post a Comment